Sunday, February 21st, 2021
4 HOURS of CE for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
BROADCASTED INTERACTIVE EVENT provided via internet ZOOM meeting requiring a computer and audio to participate in the event.
7:30 am to 8:00 am
Logistics for Registration
8:00 am to 9:00 am
Insulin Injection Technique: Recommendations and Future Innovations
Presented by: Alyssa Trenery
9:00 am to 10:00am
Psychopharmacological Management of the Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
Presented by: Jose Rey, PharmD
10:00 am to 10:15 am
10:15 am to 12:15 pm
Bacteria - Antibiotics
Presented by: Cucnhat “Cici” Walker, PharmD
The attendee should be able to:
- 1. Review Glycemic Variability in patients with Diabetes
- 2. Describe factors affecting insulin absorption and insulin depot location.
- 3. Examine future innovations in pen needle technologies
- 4. Be able to recognize and apply differential diagnostics to possible causes of behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients with dementia.
- 5. Learn the FDA approved medications to treat dementia
- 6. Be familiar with the common medications used to manage behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia
- 7. Review bacterial microbiology
- 8. Discuss unique characteristics of certain bacteria
- 9. Evaluate resistance mechanisms of action and culture sensitivity results.
- 10. Understand antibiotic spectrum of coverage
CE Broker Tracking# 50-19366