Sunday, December 6th, 2020
4 HOURS of CE for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
BROADCASTED INTERACTIVE EVENT provided via internet ZOOM meeting requiring a computer and audio to participate in the event.
7:30 am to 8:00 am
Logistics for Registration
8:00 am to 10:00 am
Basic Knowledge About COVID-19 Infections
Presented by: Cici Walker, PharmD
10:00 am to 12:00pm
Pediatric Vaccinations: Key Considerations for Pharmacy Services
Presented by: Angela Garcia, PharmD
The attendee should be able to:
- 1. Review Epidemiology of COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2. Discuss clinical characteristics of COVID-19 infections, including clinical presentation & pathophysiologic mechanisms and diagnosis.
- 3. Evaluate current treatments for COVID-19 pandemic.
- 4. Discuss controversies of COVID-19 pandemic.
- 5. Identify resources & best practice for pediatric immunizations, tracking & report
- 6. Identify modifications to pharmacy settings that are most conducive to pediatric patients for immunization administration
- 7. Discuss concerns and opposition for ongoing pediatric immunization practices post emergency order.
- 8. Advocacy strategies to ensure continuity of care, access to preventive care collaborations with pediatric clinical providers and schools.
CE Broker Tracking# 20-760773