Sunday, August 29th, 2021
5 HOURS of CE for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
BROADCASTED INTERACTIVE EVENT provided via internet ZOOM meeting requiring a computer and audio to participate in the event.
Medication Errors- CE Broker Tracking # 20-564962/20-876890gce (2 live ce hrs)
HIV- CE Broker Tracking # 20-564966/20-876892gce (1 live ce hrs)
Validating Control RXs- CE Broker Tracking #20-724068 (2 live ce hrs)
Objectives: The Attendee Should be Able to:
1. Define and describe common causes and strategies to decrease medication errors.
2. Be able to categorize and/or report medication errors utilizing the national coordination council for medication error reporting & prevention scale.
3. Describe the meaning and purpose of a root cause analysis in the investigation of medication errors.
4. Identify strategies, the role of technology, and the importance of a non-punitive approach for handling, after errors have occurred.
5. Describe the epidemiology and etiology of HIV.
6. Explain the role of the different classes of antiretrovirals.
7. Review the currently available antiretroviral agents.
8. Discuss the state of Florida laws on HIV/AIDS
9. Describe how to ensure access to c.s. For all patients with a valid prescription.
10. Describe how to use the prescription drug monitoring program database.
11. Access prescriptions for appropriate therapeutic value.
12. Detect prescriptions that are not based on a legitimate medical purpose.
13. Discuss the laws and rules related to the prescribing and dispensing of c.s.
14. Provide education on section 381.887, f.s., an emergency treatment for suspected opioid overdoses (naloxone)
15. Provide counsel on treatment resources for opioids physical dependence, addiction, misuse, or abuse